Iqbal and Modernism
Keywords:Perception, Modernism, War, Wealthy and Settled, Optimistic.
Modernism refers to rationally, cognitively and logically optimistic forward-movement and struggle of the world. The most important principle of the modernism is that, the human only gets awareness and the perception of facts through wisdom and leads to the development of a society. Muhammad Iqbal was a person who was used learn from emerging lights and new knowledge. He had no interest in the old-age imitations and nostalgia. On every aspect, his judgment of the ideas was based on the criteria of thinking, wisdom, knowledge, logical reasoning, experience and observation. Iqbal's poetry is the representative of modernism."
- Saleem Akhtar, Dr, Tanqeedi Istalahaat, Lahore; Sange Meel Publications, 2011, p103
- Afia Fareed, Dr, Tehzeeb Ke Us Paar, Karachi; University Press, 2000, p18
- Khalid Iqbal Yasir, Dr, Adbi Fiqri Tehreekaat Aur Iqbal, Lahore; Urdu Science Board, p48
- Nasir Baghdadi, Jadeediat, MaBaad Jadidiat aur Urdu Adab, Karachi; Matbua Baadbaan, 2005, p111
- Muhammad Iqbal, Allama, Kulliyat e Iqbal, Karachi; Taj Company, 1980, p93
- Muhammad Iqbal, Allama, Kulleyat e Iqbal Urdu, Karachi; Taj Company, 1978, p203
- Ibid, p56-108-109
- Muhammad Iqbal, Shizraat e Fiqre Iqbal, Translated; Ifhtikhar Ahmed Siddiqui, Lahore, Majlis Taraqqi Adab, 1980, p105
- Muhammad Iqbal, Allama, Kulleyat e Iqbal Urdu, p56
- Ibid, p122
- Muhammad Iqbal, Allama, Kulleyat e Iqbal Urdu, Lahore; Ghulam Ali Printers, 1980, p649
- Ibid, p674
- Muhammad Iqbal, Allama, Kulleyat e Iqbal, Farsi, Lahore; Iqbal Academy, 1986, p760
- Muhammad Iqbal, Allama, Kulleyat e Iqbal Urdu, p13
- Muhammad Iqbal, Allama, Kulleyat e Iqbal, Farsi, p51
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Zaban-o-Adab
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.